QQI Level 5
This course equips the student with the skills to work in all aspects of a fully computerised office. It is the perfect course for the absolute beginner and for the improver alike. Students are introduced to all of the necessary software: Microsoft Office, Computerised Accounts (Sage 50) and payroll Software (Thesaurus Payroll), Internet, email etc. The course also includes the International Computer Driving Licence (ICDL). If you want to master Information Technology, build on the skills you have already or just want a comprehensive Business Qualification as a stepping stone to further study, this business course is the one for you.
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Business Administration 5M2468
- International Computer Driving Licence (ICDL)
- QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as option in evening for learners requiring Maths for progression)
€400 including ICDL & QQI examination fees. (Medical card holders exempt from QQI examination fee of €50) Note: Fees for 2023/24 are being updated.
- Business Administration Skills 5N1610 Gives students an understanding of how businesses are structured, the role of managers, the importance of effective recruitment of employees, etc. Learn about the finances of a business, methods of communication, role of insurance, role of Health & Safety and Quality Control.
- Bookkeeping Manual and Computerised 5N1354 Enables the student to build up an effective and accurate typing skill and to produce mailable documents to a professional standard using Microsoft Word
- Text Production 5N1422 Enables the student to build up an effective and accurate typing skill and to produce mailable documents to a professional standard using Microsoft Word
- Communications 5N0690 Improve your confidence and communication skills with report writing skills, CV Preparation, listening skills & oral skills.
- Work Experience 5N1356 A block placement of two weeks in an office environment. One-to-one consultation in relation to your CV design and finding a suitable placement – focussing on your skills and talents, etc. Link with local employers and job opportunities
- Payroll Manual and Computerised 5N1546 Learn the essentials of calculating payroll using a manual system. No prior knowledge necessary. Enables students to calculate all employee/employer deductions and to set up and process payroll for a small company on Thesaurus Payroll Software.
- Web Authoring 5N1910 Enables the student to create and manage their own website and use the language of building a website: HTML
- Digital Marketing 5N1364 Develop and execute digital marketing strategies and activities under supervision using a range of e-tools and contexts. Identify & evaluate examples of digital marketing strategies across several industries.
- ICDL – International Computer Driving Licence (Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Online Essentials, Computer Essentials, Data Protection, Presentation, Online Collaboration, Web Editing & Image Editing)
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement. All applicants are interviewed.CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 5 courses for those whose first language is not English
Students undertake a block work placement of two weeks during the course.
- CCOC QQI Level 6 ADVANCED BUSINESS – MARKETING SPECIALISM (Business) 6M4985
- Great progression opportunities to UCC and other Higher Education colleges.
- Special arrangements in place with MTU (CCPS), MTU (Kerry) and Waterford IT for preferential entry for College of Commerce students. Up to 390 CAO points for any Institute of Technology can be attained by successful completion of this course.
This course is specifically designed for people who wish to gain employment in a fully computerised office as an administrator, secretary, accounts or payroll assistant. It is also a great stepping stone to further study. All students can Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.
“The course offered me a great insight into all the options available to me, from broadening my education or going straight into employment afterwards. The course has a broad scope and covers a wide range of material, such as book keeping, spreadsheet and ECDL. The work experience section of the course was particularly benefitting, as I was able to put the knowledge I had gained from the course into practical use. This course provided me with a strong foundation in Business and allowed me to enhance my education further. Carrying on from my experience in West Cork Campus, I am currently undertaking a Bachelor of Business Studies in CIT. I am now studying material that was covered in the Business Administration Course in more detail and it has provided me with a solid foundation for my current studies.”
“The West Cork Campus opened up a lot of new doors for me. I made some new and great friends and I also gained many new skills. I was very lucky to gain full-time employment after completing the course and have no regrets. I would highly recommend the West Cork Campus to anyone thinking of furthering their education, you won’t look back!! I am working full-time with an accountancy firm.”
“I found the Level 5 Business course to be a wonderful experience and I acquired numerous skills that I am now using daily in my full-time role in Quality Assurance & IT at Spice of Life Dunmanway. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone thinking of returning to work. The modules cover everything you need to know in order to work in a busy office. I have made new friends and treasure my memories of a great year with highly dedicated tutors.”