- Business Administration Skills 5N1610 Gives students an understanding of how businesses are structured, the role of managers, the importance of effective recruitment of employees, etc. Learn about the finances of a business, methods of communication, role of insurance, role of Health & Safety and Quality Control.
- Customer Service 5N0972 Understand the value of the customer service discipline. Learn how to provide customer service within a work, social. Explore the role & responsibilities of a representative of an organisation and work effectively as part of a team.
- Text Production 5N1422 Enables the student to build up an effective and accurate typing skill and to produce mailable documents to a professional standard using Microsoft Word
- Audio Transcription 5N1549 Learn how to operate a digital audio transcription system effectively. Learn how to transcribe business/medical/legal/general documents with accuracy and fluency. Develop your academic and vocational language.
- Medical Terminology 5N2428 Develop proficiency in analysing, constructing, recognising & pronouncing medical terminology. Learn how to use medical terminology appropriately & professionally within communication in the Healthcare setting. Develop confidence in the use of medical terminology.
- Spreadsheet Methods 5N1977 Enables the student to use Microsoft Excel confidently as an office tool to make calculations, publish worksheets. Tailoring Excel to effectively manage the day-to-day task.
- Bookkeeping Manual & Computerised 5N1354 Learn the essentials of manual book-keeping using the manual packs provided in class for the absolute beginner and improver alike. Enables the student to set up and process a set of financial accounts on SAGE Software (the most popular accounts package)
- Work Experience 5N1356 A block placement of two weeks in an office environment. One-to-one consultation in relation to your CV design and finding a suitable placement – focussing on your skills and talents, etc. Link with local employers and job opportunities
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement. All applicants are interviewed. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the entry requirements set out here and satisfactory presentation at interview.CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 5 courses for those whose first language is not English
Fully equipped computer & lecture rooms
CCOC Socrates Medical Package
CCOC Infection Prevention & Control Workshop
First Aid Workshop
CCOC: Progress to one of the CCOC Advanced Business Specialisms, subject to Entry Requirements being met.
UCC: Law (CK301) UCC: Law and Business (CK307) MTU (Cork), MTU (Kerry) Business Studies (CR021)
Special arrangements in place with MTU (CCPS), MTU (Kerry) and Waterford IT for preferential entry for CCOC students. Up to 390 points for any IT can be attained. Go to our progressions database at https://corkcollegeofcommerce.ie/progressions/ for exact
requirements on progressions for this course.
Administrator in Medical Practice, Clerical Officer in HSE/Hospital environment, Office Assistant in Clinical Facility, Accounts Assistant, Dental Practice Administrator. Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.