- Business Administration Skills 5N1610 Gives students an understanding of how businesses are structured, the role of managers, the importance of effective recruitment of employees, etc. Learn about the finances of a business, methods of communication, role of insurance, role of Health & Safety and Quality Control.
- Customer Service 5N0972 Understand the value of the customer service discipline. Learn how to provide customer service within a work, social. Explore the role & responsibilities of a representative of an organisation and work effectively as part of a team.
- Text Production 5N1422 Enables the student to build up an effective and accurate typing skill and to produce mailable documents to a professional standard using Microsoft Word
- Audio Transcription 5N1549 Learn how to operate a digital audio transcription system effectively. Learn how to transcribe business/medical/legal/general documents with accuracy and fluency. Develop your academic and vocational language.
- Medical Terminology 5N2428 Develop proficiency in analysing, constructing, recognising & pronouncing medical terminology. Learn how to use medical terminology appropriately & professionally within communication in the Healthcare setting. Develop confidence in the use of medical terminology.
Legal Practice and Procedures 5N1394 – Understand the role of the constitution in the Irish legal system, legal terminology and the structure of the Irish court system. Describe proceedings in a court of law. Explore the impact of European law on the Irish system. Evaluate documents and legislation in your relevant area. Identify main categories of remedies e.g compensation etc.
- Spreadsheet Methods 5N1977 Enables the student to use Microsoft Excel confidently as an office tool to make calculations, publish worksheets. Tailoring Excel to effectively manage the day-to-day task.
- Bookkeeping Manual & Computerised 5N1354 Learn the essentials of manual book-keeping using the manual packs provided in class for the absolute beginner and improver alike. Enables the student to set up and process a set of financial accounts on SAGE Software (the most popular accounts package)
- Work Experience 5N1356 A block placement of two weeks in an office environment. One-to-one consultation in relation to your CV design and finding a suitable placement – focussing on your skills and talents, etc. Link with local employers and job opportunities
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement. All applicants are interviewed. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the entry requirements set out here and satisfactory presentation at interview.CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 5 courses for those whose first language is not English
- Socrates Medical Package: Socrates software is a medical records system for a General Practice. It is used by Irish GPs. Our Socrates course which is certified by Morrison’s Island Campus includes the management of patient files and the addition of new patients, managing the appointment system for the practice. It includes organising the waiting room and consultations of patients once they arrive at the practice, printing repeat prescriptions and referral letter as well as billing and fee management functions. This course gives the student a valued experience in what it would be like to work as a receptionist in General Practice.
- Practice Evolve is a Case Management System which is used by the legal profession. It is a comprehensive cloud-based platform which combines matter management, document handling, and legal accounts oversight into a single solution that’s purpose-built for law firms. Training in this subject area gives the learner the knowledge and skills to use any Case Management System in the workplace. A record of achievement from Morrison’s Island Campus is issued on successful completion of this course.
- Morrison’s Island Campus – Infection Prevention and Control: The Infection Prevention and Control programme aims to give learners an in-depth look at this vital aspect of the healthcare industry/workplace. Topics covered include basic microbiology, healthcare associated infections and the role of infection prevention in the workplace. Additionally, the role and standards of the HSE & HIQA and hands
- Data Protection (online): This Data Protection course gives learners an overview of GDPR. The workshop examines what GDPR stands for and gives an understanding of the current data protection rules and obligations. The learners also receive information on the types of data, the terminology associated with GDPR, the penalties with breaches, storage of data and general do’s and don’ts regarding data. A record of achievement from Morrison’s Island Campus is issued on successful completion.
- First Aid Workshop (online): This First Aid workshop will introduce the learner to the principles of First Aid. A record of achievement from Morrison’s Island Campus is issued on successful completion.
Progress to one of the Cork College of FET Morrison’s Island Campus – Advanced Business Specialisms, subject to Entry Requirements being met.
UCC: Law (CK301) UCC: Law and Business (CK307), MTU (Cork) Business Studies (MT550)
Special arrangements in place with MTU (Cork), MTU (Kerry) and SETU (Waterford & Carlow) for preferential entry for Cork College of FET students.
MTU Cork Business (MT550)
Business Technology & Communications (MT551)
UCC Commerce (CK201)
Go to our progressions database at https://morrisonsislandcampus.ie/progressions/for exact
requirements on progressions for this course.
Administrator in Medical Practice, Clerical Officer in HSE/Hospital environment, Office Assistant in Clinical Facility, Accounts Assistant, Dental Practice Administrator. Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.