- Plant Identification & use 5N2527
- Soil Science & Growing Media 5N2530
- Plant Science 5N2528
- Work Practice 5N1433
- Plant Protection 5N2546
- Biodiversity and the Natural Environment 5N2553
- Fruit and Vegetable Production 5N2552
- Plant Propagation 5N2547
- Communications 5N0690
- Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4.Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirements. All applicants are interviewed. An offer of a place on this courses is contingent on the applicant meeting the entry requirement set out here and satisfactory presentation at interview.
This is a one year full time course from September to May. Candidates must complete work experience as this is an integral part of the course where students get an opportunity to sample the work environment.
The full QQI Level 5 award facilitates entry, on a competitive basis to a range of third level institutions nationwide. These include:
- Great progression opportunities to Higher Education colleges. Special arrangements in place with MTU (CCPS), Tralee IT and Waterford IT for preferential entry for College of Commerce students. Up to 390 CAO points for any Institute of Technology can be attained by successful completion of this course.
Further details are available from the relevant institutions.
Other courses: Agriculture, Planning and Environmental Management.
Garden centres, formal gardens, self employment. All students can Graduates can subscribe to ‘CCOC college jobs register’ and CCOC LinkedIn alumni for up to date vacancies and networking.